“Training of trainers” (TOT), project 1325
At the end of March “Novi Ritm ” organized a “training of trainers” (TOT) within the framework of the project “Empowerment of Women and Girls in the South of Kyrgyzstan” which has been targeting young people from the three southern regions of Kyrgyzstan: Osh, Batken and Jalal-Abad during 2016-2017.
The first TOT was held on March 11, 2017 with participants from the Batken and Osh regions. The second TOT was held on March 19, 2017 with participants from the Jalal-Abad and Osh regions.
For these TOT’s, 66 participants had been selected on a competitive basis as they represented youth organizations, committees, secondary schools, and youth movements in the three regions.
The goal of TOT was to deepen young people’s knowledge of women’s rights, the main international documents on women’s rights, the UN resolution 1325, peace and conflict management, as well as to instill skills of conducting trainings and educational events on selected topics in their hometowns. The trainings were conducted in two languages: Russian and Kyrgyz.
For TOT, the best trainers in the South of Kyrgyzstan were invited:
Kaparova ZhamilyaYuldasheva AzizaMamajunusova Ainura.Inter from Sweden, Amanda Sonesson
Training program included:
Session: public speaking
- Secrets of good performances
- The main part of the speech
- Steps to successful performance, completion
- Methods of attracting the attention of listeners, audience
- Brightness and energy in the performances
- Using language tools, expressive intonation
- Audience feedback.
Session: Gender, women’s participation in the peace building
- Basic concept, laws and international laws
- The influence of tradition and culture in gender
- Resolution 1325 and women’s participation in peace building processes
Session: Interactive teaching methods included the following issues:
- The role of interactive teaching methods
- Difference from traditional interactive teaching methods
- Work on basic and advanced teaching methods
- Classification questions, answers
- Work with information
Session : Resolution 1325
- The term security, women’s rights
- Sweden’s work on gender issues
- Comparative analysis according to the statistics of violations of the women rights
Session: Working with our workshop material
The audience was divided into three thematic groups : Security, Gender, and Conflict and got to try out some of the different exercises provided in the workshop material
Session: Mini projects and develop of an action plan
A short presentation on mini projects was prepared and discussed with the participants. The initiative groups were created; they discussed about action plan and developed it.
Evaluating the TOT, we are able to say that the participants received information that will enable them distribute the knowledge to other students and within their community. They will be able to initiate and conduct high-quality trainings on resolution 1325, gender, security, conflict. They developed their own action plan and are currently organizing different events on human rights, women’s rights, conflict prevention and security connected to their mini projects.
Written by Aida B